Have you noticed that we We ’ re in a very different location this time from the last few years? re still in the free tram zone, but only just! If you are travelling north, away from the city centre, you will need a Myki. You can purchase a Myki at:
- Victoria Market Pharmacy
- Elizabeth Supermarket/Convenience Store (right across the road)
- 7 Eleven Vic Market (virtually next door)
- Victoria Market Tattslotto
Here at the Jasper, our nearest public transport routes are tram lines:
- 19 (North Coburg Flinders Street Station)
- 57 (West MaribyrnongFlinders Street)
- 59 (Airport West Flinders St) running along Elizabeth St, and
- 55 (West Coburg–Domain Interchange) along Peel St.
Our nearest train stations are Flagstaff Station (now operating on weekends!) and Melbourne Central.
The nearest ATMs to Continuum are in the Queen Victoria Market (QVM,) but on weekends the queues to get to them can be daunting. We recommend using a banking app on your smartphone to find the nearest ATMs.
At the Queen Victoria Market, you can find lots of fresh produce for your breakfast/lunch (both in the produce section, Deli Hall, and String Bean Alley – although the String Bean Alley shops are largely not accessible by wheelchair), coffee locations, food halls, and many more wonderful features. The market will be open on Friday (6am-3/5pm), Saturday (6am-3pm), and Sunday (9am-4pm). Of course, you may decide that you want ready-made meals and the 24/7 McDonalds next door would just be too much McDonalds for one weekend. Here are some suggestions from us at Continuum!
- Borek Shop – Deli Hall, QVM
- Bratwurst Shop & Co – Deli Hall, QVM
- Café Ren – Deli Hall, QVM
- Market Lane Coffee – Deli Hall, QVM
- The Traditional Pasta Shop – Deli Hall, QVM
- American Doughnut – Queen St, QVM
- Dutch Pancakes – Queen St, QVM
- Mr Burger – 93 Therry St
- The Borek Bakehouse – 481 Elizabeth St
- CY Sushi & Noodle – 471 Elizabeth St
- Subway – 463 Elizabeth St
- Menya Ramen – 439 Elizabeth St
- Pie Face – 415 Elizabeth St
- Wing Loong Chinese Restaurant – 512 Elizabeth St
- Classic Curry – 597 Elizabeth St
- La Porchetta – 308 Victoria St
You can also travel north to Lygon Street, but we can only recommend that if you want to take more than the hour’s meal break – and who wants to miss out on our wonderful programming?
If you want to head to a park/open space for some chill out time, Flagstaff Gardens is around a 10min walk away. You can cut through QVM to get there, or go down Franklin St to Williams St.