Continuum is an annual fan run speculative fiction and pop culture convention. From sci-fi to epic fantasy and everything in between, Continuum 13 will celebrate the theme “Triskaidekaphilia”, and will also be the 56th NatCon. Continuum runs every year on the Queen’s Birthday long weekend. In 2017 the convention will be held between June 9-12.Run by fans for fans, Continuum features a great line up of writers and creative artists in the heart of Australia’s most artistic city, Melbourne. The guests of honor at the next convention will be Seanan McGuire and Likhain.
This year’s theme will explore the many aspects of fandom, including:
- LARP (including Swordcraft)
- Tabletop & Online RPGs
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- TV Shows and movies
Current prices for memberships are:
- Full Member – AUD 215.00 Full membership to all four days of the convention includes voting rights, publications and entry to Maskobolo.
- Concession Member – AUD 185.00 Concession membership to all four days of the convention includes voting rights, publications and entry to Maskobolo. Concessions include Pensioner, Senior, Student and First Time Member.
- Supporting Member – AUD 50.00 Receive voting rights and copies of all Continuum publications. You can upgrade from a supporting membership to an attending membership at any time, paying the difference between them.
- Youth Member – AUD 0 16 and under. Must be accompanied by a full or concession member.
- Saturday Day Member – AUD 40-85 depending on eligibility.
- Sunday Day Member – AUD 40-85 depending on eligibility.
- Monday Day Member – AUD 20-45 depending on eligibility.
Not sure if Continuum is something you want to attend? Friday is $5! Then if you want more you can purchase a day or weekend pass on the night.
Continuum is run on a not-for-profit basis and all revenue goes towards venue and equipment hire, transport and accommodation for our guests, and other convention specific expenses. Continuum conventions are supported by the Continuum Foundation.
To contact the convention committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll make sure your query gets to the right person!